Reach out to a list of profiles using a CSV file
(Last Edited March 29th, 2022)
Follow the video tutorial or continue reading the knowledge base article.
The process of creating an Invitation Sequence is similar - except this time, you will be using a CSV file instead of a LinkedIn URL search.
In this article we will review:
- Download Sample File
- What to include in a CSV file?
- Details to consider when Preparing a CSV File
- How to save a CSV file?
- Create an Invitation Sequence using a CSV File
- How to keep track of prospects remaining to be processed?
- + Insightful Tips
Before going through the detailed steps, first prepare your CSV file.
Download Sample File
You will be able to find a Sample File when setting up your sequence under the "Define Target Audience" section.
What to include in a CSV file?
The fields shown in the sample file below are in the accepted format for Kennected. Follow that example before uploading your CSV file.
Note: If you don't have gender, position, or recent post from a prospect then leave the space blank.
The Gender, Position and Recent Post will help you craft a personalized message.
Details to Consider when Preparing a CSV File:
- Cell A1 must have a header description called "LinkedinURL"
- The following rows must only have Linkedin URLs
- All LinkedIn URLs must start with "https://linkedin.com/in/", followed by the person's designated LinkedIn profile tag. Search for URLs with HTTP: or /pub/ and replace them with HTTPS: and /in/
- Anything not containing "https://linkedin.com/in/" will not be accepted and must be deleted from the CSV file. Company URLs are not supported by Kennected.
Invitation Sequence: If the CSV list includes 1st-degree connections, CloudKennect will skip them. You will only send invites to 2nd or 3rd-degree connections in your list.
Messaging Sequence: Your list should only contain 1st-degree connections or you will experience an error in your sequence.
How to save a CSV file?
Do not use SYMBOLS (‘-_*”$%#!) when saving your file.
Save file as a CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv)
And then click "Save"
Create an Invitation Sequence using a CSV File:
- Click "Sequences"
- Click "Add New" on top right hand side of the window
- Click "Invitation Sequence"
- Enter a name for your Invitation Sequence, then click "Next"
- Click "Select saved CSV", and then "Click to Upload CSV File"
- Select the file from your computer/laptop drive and click "Open"
- You will be brought back to the CloudKennect page. Click "Next"
- Build and create your messages on the next page as you would normally do. Click "Submit" when done
How to keep track of prospects remaining to be processed?
Once you upload your CSV file, click on "CSV Viewer". You will notice three Columns:
- File Name
- Sequence Name
- Remaining to Process
On the top right of that section, you will see “Show (10) Entries”; this refers to the number of URL prospects listed on your CSV file.
- You can use a CSV file for an Invitation OR Messaging Sequence. When running an invitation type your sequence will target only 2nd-degree and 3rd-degree connections. When running a messaging type include 1st-degree connections only.
- Remember that an Invitation Sequence is only for 2nd and 3rd-degree connections. Any 1st-degree connections that were in your CSV file would not receive an invitation to connect.
- There is no limit to how many URLs you can add to your CSV. Just make sure all links are cohesive ( https://) and are prospects' LinkedIn URL profiles (not company profiles).
Note: If you have any questions regarding "How to Create an Invitation Sequence Using a CSV file", contact us at email@example.com or file a ticket on this page.