Incoming Webhooks are a simple way to pass profiles from various apps into Kennected. Creating an Incoming Webhook gives you a unique URL to which you send a payload with the LinkedIn profile URL.
Getting started with Incoming Webhooks
We're going to walk through a really quick 4-step process (if you've already done some of these things it'll be even easier) that will have you posting messages using Incoming Webhooks in a few minutes:
Create Kennected Account
Navigate to https://app.cloudkennect.io/web/user/register And create your account. Select your plan. If you already have an account login to your account.
2. Create a Sequence to work with Incoming Webhook
Create a sequence and select Webhook as the target audience. Save your sequence.
3. Create a Webhook for incoming data
- Go to Webhooks part on the portal (https://app.cloudkennect.io/web/hooks)
- Create a new Webhook and select a sequence for which data should be used.
4. Use your Incoming Webhook URL to post your data
- After all this build-up, you might think posting a message will be really complicated, but it's very simple. Just make an HTTP POST request like this:
5. If Debug is needed
When you post data to webhook it may give the following Errors depending on the issue:
If the Profile link is empty - Profile link not found
If the Profile link is in the wrong format - Profile link is invalid
If Profile link is a first-degree connection - Already connected with this profile.
If the Profile link already exists - This LinkedIn profile already exists.
"Key" is wrong (It's always "profile_link") - Invalid Data
Successfully added profile - success
Error found when profile added - error